Monday, July 04, 2011

47

Yesterday was my 47th birthday! It was a really good one too. Dave and I began by going to church to see Torrell get baptized. Very nice! Then we heard the Word. The message was "Hold it Up" and it was taken from Exodous 17. I'm always looking for tie in to scripture in the way the message is presented and it was right there. I also look for applicability of the message into every day life. Again, it was right there. Hold up my faith with prayer and praise. Hold up almost anything with prayer and praise for that matter! Hold it up!

The rest of the day was pretty laid back but Dave gave me a brand new Annie Lee figurine and a poster signed by Annie Lee herself. That's getting framed an going straight up in the kitchen, just like the signed poster by John Holyfield! Very cool.

Yo, with her slick self, gave me a gift card which took a hefty chunk out of my bill at Kohls on Saturday. TBPB is coming.

The kids gave me a set of new reed diffusers.

I got a new Build a Bear too. Born on my birthday.

Dad and Christine sent money. That's always appreciated.

Then we had dinner at Red Lobster. Yum!

Dessert was the birthday cake Yolanda gave me. Yum too!

I got a ton of well wishes from Facebookers!

This morning I got on the scale fully expecting to be up, but I was down 1.2 pounds from last Monday's weigh in. I am down 19.2 pounds since April 25. Thank You God!

And now, I have the rest of  the week off.

With one little "bump" that momentarily robbed me of my joy yesterday that I will not even acknowledge any more than that, 47 is starting out in an AWESOMELY BLESSED way!

Happy 4th of July!

ttfn

No comments: