Sunday, August 14, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

We are back from Florida! We had a fabulous time and I cannot believe how quickly the vacation week went by. Yes, I'm sorry that our 2005 family vacation has come to an end. Having said all of this, I am so very happy to be back home and to have a home to come back to.

After the very longest drive home (19.5 hours) we pulled into our driveway at approximately 2:30 this morning. I swear the kids must have had to use the bathroom 7 or 8 times and then Jordyn got sick so we had to stop off at a Walmart in Kentucky to get her something to make her feel better. We had to fill up the gas tank four times (averaging $40 each time). I can't believe I spent nearly $30 at Arby's for our dinner. As much as I hated driving, I took over the wheel close to midnight to give Dave a break. I actually drove three different times on the trip home and discovered that I don't like driving over very high bridges in the mountains. When we go to Disney again, I'll drive in Michigan, Ohio and Florida - that's it. The Explorer is trashed. The kids argued much of the time. Etc. etc. etc. Typical 1200-mile road trip! I'm so glad it's over. I'm so happy to be home.

I took at ton of pictures - just like last year. The only difference is that this time I don't have 17 rolls of film to develop. I only have two rolls and five cds with probably more than 700 pictures and two rolls of cam-corder tape. Yep, we've basically gone totally digital. I can't wait to get scrapping. i just need to buy some albums. Still debating if I want to scrap in 8 1/2 x 11 or 11 x 8 1/2. I'm thinking, "maybe not." I still want to try that size but I don't think I want to do the vacation pics in the smaller format.

Well, I just wanted to "check in." I'll write more soon.

ttfn

No comments: