Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Unofficial End of Summer

Summer is over. Well technically we have sixteen days until the autumnal equinox according to the calendar, but unofficially it was over last Tuesday when my two older kids, Jared and Jordyn, went back to school.

How is it that I have a kid in middle school now??? I swear, I remember cradling Jared in my arms for the first time like it were right now. That kid is getting so big. I predict that within 18 months he'll be taller than me - probably sooner.

Jordyn is a second-grader now. She's getting big too and is sassy as ever.

And then there is Justin, my kindergartener.

All three of them seem to really enjoy going to school. I was a very good student, but I can't say that I really liked school. It was okay, but I wasn't happy to get up and go every day. My kids on the other hand appear to anticipate each school day with enthusiasm. Admittedly, I think the boys, well at least Jared, is more into the social aspect of school than the academics (he is a pretty good student though). Jordyn, despite being so sassy and in-control here at home, is actually kind of shy and reserved so she seems a little more into school for the learning, though she has her freinds too. Justin, enjoys the social and academic aspects of school.

Other indications that summer is ending are:
- ads for the new fall television season
- it's dark at 8:30 now
- I'll be starting my school year work schedule again
- not running the A/C as often
- the kids could have used a light jacket this morning, even though they refused one

I'm off this week and it feels great to have the house to myself. There so many things I need to get done - I even need to do a few things for the job. Right now I have no motivation though. I don't see that changing either. I know that how much I get done will depend on how well I "just do it." I could spend a bunch of time planning and allocating time for this and that but in the end, I have to get up off my behind and just do it. Speaking of my behind (which I would rather not) it's growing. I have no motivation to eat right and exercise to get rid of these extra 20 pounds. At this point I am finding it harder and harder to maintain my weight, let alone to lose any...

Well that's all for now. I'll try to blog more often, even though my entries aren't particularly interesting ...

ttfn

No comments: