Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blah-humbug!!!

It's eight days into the new year and I feel about ready to throw in the towel. I'm officially in a rut. I just can't seem to get my sh** together. Yet, if you were to ask me what is wrong, I'd have a hard time putting my finger on it. I just have this huge cloud of discontent hanging over me. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Churning. (How's that for a corporate buzz word - or maybe it's just a Ford thang.)

Could I be going through a mid-life crisis??? Could it be cabin fever (if it is, it's early this year - doesn't usually set in until late February/early March). Maybe it's just me coming down from the holiday high. At any rate I don't like how I am feeling. It might help to try and scrap it out. Yeah, I suppose that would be somewhat therapeutic, but again, I'm having such a hard time identifying the cause of this blah-ness.

I am giving some thought to going back to school. No, not for another master's degree or Ph.D, but just to take some "fun" classes at the local community college.

Been also thinking about bugging Dave to bring home the treadmill his dad said I could have. Am considering buying a new recumbent exercise bike too. Excerise would probably help with the blahs while also helping get rid of the 20 pounds I really need to lose.

Yadda yadda yadda. All this thinking and considering ... I need to quit thinking, and talking about about it and just BE about it.

To the few fairly regular readers of my boring blog, this entry has got to be about as exciting as watching paint dry. Sorry. Let's just hope I'm PMS-ing and will have something more interesting (or at least something less blah) to report next time.

ttfn
td

4 comments:

shannon said...

tracy sorry about your rut! i have those moods too. so hard to put your finger on what's wrong but eventually my old self turns up! :) and i think that your body could be messing with you and it could be the seasonal rut. it feels like march outside!
good luck with the exercise thing. i'm totally sticking with it after six weeks...i surprised myself!

Heather said...

I ALWAYS feel that way after the new year- I think it's coming down from all the holiday cheer. Regular life just seems boring in comparison! Good luck with the exercise- get a mile or two in for me while you're at it, okay?

Anonymous said...

hope after all this time the bah humbug thing!! has been replaced by something exciting!! your dt layouts certainly arent BH!!! greetings from minus 10!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, sorry to here you're feeling a little down. I totally think it's the weather! Where has the sun gone?

Carmen