Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 Ready or Not, Here it Comes!







Another year has come. And gone. I am another year older. Wiser? Well I suppose that is debateable, but I can't think of any major mistakes or regrets associated with 2005 so I'm good. Actually, I'm so much better than good. I am truly blessed. Just like New Year's Eves of the recent past, I am overwhelmed and overcome with how GOOD God has been to me and mine. Being the me that I am, it would be way way way too easy for me to get philosophical and sappy about my husband and children and parents and brother, but I won't do that. Suffice it to say that given everything that is going on in the world today, I try not to take anything for granted - there but for the amazing grace of God, go I.

Resolutions? Well I gave up making them several years ago because I seldom, if ever kept them. I have thought and thought and thought some more about making some for 2006. I still hesitate to be specific but I will say that I resolve to take care of myself in the new year. Less self-guilt. More self-love. Less self-doubt. More self-praise. Less, "I wonder what they will think." More, "I have to do what is right for me." I have this awful habit of making life harder than it has to be and putting myself through entirely too much undue stress. Wish I knew why, but that really isn't the issue. In 2006 I just plan to do less of this.

It's been a very long time since I posted any pics to my blog. So long in fact, that I may have forgotten how. Let's give it a try ...


Okay so it appears that my pics are at the top of this entry whereas I wanted them directly above this paragraph. Anyway, they are pics of my "new" scraproom which is a work in progress. It used to be cement white (both the walls and the floor). As you can see it is now a shade of blue that is the result of me combining the lovely shades of blue and green that I recently painted Jared's and Justin's respective bedrooms. I also now have a 8' x 12' piece of carpet on the floor - so you know how big (or small actually) my room is.

Where I used to have a farily large table at which to sit and scrap, I now have a new Craftsman workbench at which to stand and scrap. Where I used to have my paper and cardstock horizontally laying in the "Target cubes" I now have the Cropper Hopper vertival storage trolley. I also have that other Cropper Hopper drawer storage thingy too where I used to have a couple of Serlite drawer storage thingies.

My ever-present and all-important stereo is sitting atop the white cabinet that will eventually go back up on the wall to hold some of my scrapbooks as it isn't large enough to hold all of them. In my stereo, you know I have some jammin' cds - currently my main man Will Downing (so smooth), Sting (so cool and mellow-jazzy), Mariah Carey (so "hip-pop"), Babyface (also smooth, but in a different way from Will) and Jill Scott (so raw without being profane).

I still have a TON of stuff to bring back into my room but I'm taking my time so that I can find a permanent place for everything and so that I can remember all the new permanent places KWIM? Unfortunately, I need Dave to do a few things before I can move so much back in there. This is unfortunate because he is the KING of procrastination and of unfinished projects. Who do you think painted the room and put the workbench together? Yours truly. It is no fluke that one of my favorite sayings is, "God bless the child that's got his own." In this case I'm referreing to my own tools and ambition to get the job done!

Plans for tonight? Nada special. More simplicity over complexity. More of less being more. More chillin' with my man and my rugrats. More life etc.

Happy New Year!

td (tracydacy)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy your new room! Love the work bench- congrats to putting it together yourself. If I were to attempt that, I'm not sure anyone would be able to identify what it was! :) Happy New Year!

shannon said...

love the color. how creative to combine the paints! and awesome room!
happy new year to you!

Anonymous said...

COOL! you changed your blog so i can say happy new year!! Love your NEW room - and well done doing it yourself..great colour combo (and music selection LOL).Very best wishes for 2006!