Friday, February 17, 2006

Waiting to Exhale

I feel as though I've been holding my breath for the last 2-3 weeks as I planned for yesterday's big meeting. I don't know how many times I went over the details in my head. Last Thursday night I dreamt that I showed up an hour late for the meeting, the AV equipment was broken and the meeting ended before Jim Padilla got there. By the time he showed up everyone was filing out of the Grand Hall and he was asking my director, what the hell was going on. All the while I was shrinking and wondering to myself how much my unemployment checks were going to be.

Anyway, there were a few timing logistics that we had to work through but overall, everything went off very very well. I'd say that there were a good 800 people in attendance and Mr. Padilla's presence and his presentation - well they were great. He's such a dynamic and enthusiastic speaker and he always connects with our employees by mentioning his past connections with our organization and our building.

The F-150 Chief, Matt O'Leary, gave a great presentation too. He seemed very personable, and was easy on the eye. My Director, Bob, also did very well. Yep, everything came together the way I hoped it would. The way I planned it. I had a good day.

Now I've got to focus on the KNK weekend online crop. I need to get cracking on some examples for the challenges, but I don't want to just throw somthing together. With the crop coming so soon after yesterday's meeting, my brainpower is zapped. I've got a few ideas but for whatever reason they aren't translating all that well when I go to put them on cardstock. I can't let my dt girls or Angela down.

Did I mention that next week Dave has to go to OK for his job? Jared and Jordyn will be on mid-winter break and I will have to drive to my parent's every morning before coming to work? That means passing my job by 15 miles to drop the kids off, and then going that same 15 miles out of my way at the end of the day to pick them up. Instead of communting 60 miles a day it will be more like 120 miles a day. By the time I get home next Friday evening, I'm gonna be one mean momma. I guess in a way, I'm still waiting to exhale.

ttfn
td

6 comments:

shannon said...

glad the meeting went okay! sorry about the drive next week. i'll be thinking of you!
and don't worry about letting us {me} down. yes, i can speak for the girls! we understand that life happens and want you to take care of you first! :)

Heather said...

so glad it went so well, and your work was great for the crop! ggod luck this week!

Anonymous said...

cool that it all worked out in the meeting Tracy. Sorry to hear about your upcoming mileage..on the few trips that i do alone with the kids (eg to Grandmas to drop them so DH and I can have quality time together - translated to - me scrapping til 3am and him with the 3 matrix DVDs)i try to use it to plan layouts...ANYTHING that passes us by - the scenery, gardens, road signs, road markings/patterns, cloud formations, billboards, clothes people are wearing when i screech to a halt for them at the ped. crossing 'cos i'm daydreaming about my next LO - they're usually glaring at me so i have to look down!..dunno anything really..it's something i got from the recent SJ creative class..you can get inspired from so much these days..anyway..maybe it helps a bit. All this is only when I'm not passing crackers and drinks to the back seat and changing the Thomas the tank Engine cd to the Narnia one!!
Wow sorry i got a little carried away here LOL..anyway more importantly...you defintely didnt let me down at the crop! Your work rocked..WTG!!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I'm glad that the meeting went great. Don't ever worry about letting us down. I don't think it's even possible. Your work was fantstic, and you are more important than a layout.

I'm glad it's Friday enjoy a wine cooler!

Carmen

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you fret, you know you're the best they've got.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»