Thursday, October 19, 2006

Officially Funky

Yep, it's official. I am in one huge funk. You know when life hurls a bunch of sh** your way - well yeah, that's what's happening with me right now ...

My doctor thinks I have a pinched nerve. My neck and arm are still numb. My doc told me to call her on Tuesday if things had not improved and she would send me for a test called an EMG. Well things are more or less the same but I didn't call her. My friends Meg and Dale told me about the EMG. My life is shockingly distressing enough as it is and I just really ain't in the mood to have tiny needles stuck up and down my arm, neck and spine and then have electric currents go through them into me. Nope, I'm not in the mood for that. (Shannon, if you're reading this can you tell more about this test?)

I'm giving myself until next Monday before I call my doctor back. I have regained some feeling in the affected areas so maybe I just need a little more time ...

I got on the scale this morning and came about *this* close to jumping out of the window. I look and feel like a big ole tub of lard. To make matters worse, for the last two weeks, I thought I was being good in terms of eating less and trying to be a bit more active. All that for a lousy one pound loss! That's why I'm on my way to Fuddrucker's for lunch with Meg.

ttfen - that ta ta for effin' now!

peace out
td

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear youre "ok"...well kinda. Must be something in the water there AND here..i'm right up there with you on the "tub of lard", eating less, more active..NO weight loss thing...lol. TOTALLY there with you. Gute Besserung as they say in these parts and HOPING Shannon can clear that test for you :-)

Brandy said...

Whoa, you got spam comments! So cool!

Sorry about the pinched nerve, but that just sounds like a trip to Guantanamo Bay for testing. I think they use more gentle tactics when interviewing Al Qaeda =)

Eff the diet. Eat the burger. Love every single bite.

shannon said...

love the ttfen. LOVE it.
enjoy fudruckers. check out sparkpeople.com lots of good diet resources. you can even track your food. kinda shocking what is good and what is bad.
got your email... off to write you back! :O)