Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Back Went Out ... and took me with it

This past Saturday I was finishing up my Father's Day cards. I was using my Quickutz for some of the lettering. I have the old blue one. While I love being able to get the letters I want and need, I hate that I have to squeeze the damn thing so hard. I was thinking about upgrading to the pink or black one but after trying it at ER, I can't tell much of a difference. Anyway, I had about 75% of the letters I needed when all of a sudden I felt an odd sensation in my back. I paused for a moment and then proceded to punch the remaining 25%. About an hour later, I began to feel some stiffness and some pain.By Saturday night I could barely move my neck and if I did, it hurt like #$%$&**$!!! (Insert your most obscene expletive).

It felt the same on Sunday. I went to my doctor yesterday who has taken me off work until Thursday and prescribed three different drugs for pain, inflammation and muscle relaxation. I'm still quite stiff and have a fair amount of pain and I'm not sure which of the drugs makes me sleepy but I have taken two 2.5 hour naps today.

So let this be a lesson to you, be careful with your Quickutz. I'm starting to give the Cricut some serious consideration.

As for my first crop a few weeks back, it was da bomb! I had an A+ time -stayed until 5 AM. To carry my things, I went out and bought a small cropping "briefcase" but it couldn't handle everything I took so I also grabbed Justin's Hulk backpack and the tote I carry to work with me every day. A few days after the crop I had a 40% off coupon for JoAnn's so I bought one of the Navigators. When I go to the next all-nighter in July, I'm gonna be fully prepared.

Well that's it for now. Will try to blog again soon.

ttfn
td

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your first crop was a success for you!! And ouch! about your back. Will remember you the next time I'm using it. Get better soon!! Miss you at KNK :)

Carrie

shannon said...

sorry to hear about your back! hope you are feeling better soon. the muscle relaxer might be what's making you sleepy... hope to feel better soon!

Unknown said...

OMGosh! So sorry to hear about your back!! And, I'm sad to say, I had no idea you had a blog!! I just saw it posted on Heather's blog under her "people I snoop on"!

Kache said...

The crop sounds awesome!

SO sorry about your back. That's why my Quickutz made it's way to Ebay a couple years back, it was just too hard. I hope you feel better soon!