Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to the Grind ...

It's 5 AM and in one hour my vacation will be officially over as that is when I am expected to walk back into the building where I work. Umph umph umph. Just like that, the past two weeks have flown by. Oh well, I get another week off in two weeks and that will be much more of an R&R vacation as the kids will be back in school and Dave will be working...

Just like the past two years, we had a grand old time in Florida. Took tons of pictures again. And you know, despite the 2400 mile drive to and from the Sunshine State and the cost of gas ranging between $2.74 and $2.95 per gallon, I guess we got the Explorer in good traveling condition and planned adequately for that expense because it didn't cost quite as much as I expected. And speaking of Sunshine State, for the first time, it didn't rain every single day we were there( even if for only a brief period). I was fretting a bit about tropical storm Chris before we left but I suppose it just fizzled and it only rained the first three days of our trip and as luck would have it, each time it rained we happened to be doing an inside activity and missed it!

And again, speaking of the Sunshine State, I got burned. Yep just like year before last when we went to Lauderdale, I fried like a strip of bacon on Coco Beach. Got the gross flakey peeling back to prove it too. After applying sun screen to Dave and the kids, how could I forget to get some for myself? Got distracted I guess, but at least it didn't/doesn't burn to touch ...

Ironically or maybe not so ironically, the second week of my vacation was almost as good as the first - I mean I did get some chill time in, but more importantly, I got a brand new deck. Yep, Dave finally built it!!! It's about 85% done but I can walk out of the sliding back doors onto it! YAY! BIG YAY!

Well I guess I'd better get off the 'puter now. Got a long day ahead of me and after work I get to go do a survey about my former social smoking habits and earn $125. Should supposedly take 2 hours to complete, but at $62.5 per hour I guess I can't complain. That will cover all the 7 Gypsies stuff I pre-ordered from ER the other day!

toodles
td

5 comments:

Kache said...

Glad the weather held out for your vacation. New deck sounds really nice!
As long as the survey covers the scrap habit, then it sounds good to me!

Brandy said...

Jason goes and does surveys, I think easy money rocks. I was wondering where you were, welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Hey can I take that survey too????? Sounds like easy money to me.
Meggie D.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the deck! Mine was a long time coming too, but it's the best place to have a beverage and read a book :)

Carrie

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had an excellent vacation!! Too bad about the sunburn, though...ouch! And Yay about the new deck!!