Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Is Coming

I don't think I am necessarily trying to avoid or resisting getting in the Christmas spirit, it's just that it's not happening as readily as it normally does. I mean, I'm just not feeling very festive but my hubby is changing that. Yesterday he got out in the snow and hung some of the Christmas lights. I felt so bad that he was out there in the snowy cold that I went and stood out there while he worked for support. He was pretty chipper and cheerful the whole time, even having to work with the ever-stiffening rope lights. Even when I went in for a warm up break he didn't make a wise crack.

Then, between 8:30 and 9 PM last night he decided to put up the new fiber-optic Christmas tree. As I sat there watching him put it up, he got somewhat philosophical and started telling me how some of his co-workers complain so much but that he is really happy. Yeah, he knows that nothing is perfect but he is genuinely happy with his life and with me. I told him that I think that our marriage is the epitome of what a good marriage should be. From time to time we get on each other's nerves and piss each other off and just don't feel like being bothered with each other but the vast majority of the time we enjoy each other's company. We enjoy talking to each other. We make each other laugh. We look at the kids, and each other and we smile from the inside out and recognize how truly blessed we are.

I took a bunch of pictures of him putting up the tree. I'll do a LO of him once I get my scraproom back in order.

As I dozed off last night I thought to myself that spending the day with Dave in our junky home, with our loud unruly kids and slowly giving in to the Christmas spirit more than made up for the crappy mood/day I had on Saturday ...

ttfn

1 comment:

shannon said...

you are a much better wife than i am! kudos for standing out there with dave!
can't wait to see the lo. it'll be great!