Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Well almost ... in two minutes it will be Christmas Day and here I sit up in bed on the laptop wide awake while not any other creature is stirring in the house. I know that it will be a while before I am able to drift off. Why? When were out earlier my allergies started acting up and I took a Benedryl. We got home around 6 or so, I cooked at ate dinner, showered and decided to climb into bed and browse some scrapping mags for inspiration with the January KNK kit, which was waiting on my doorstep this evening. Before I knew anything I was out like a light. I totally forgot about the Benedryl, only knew that for some reason I could not stay awake. Even if I had thought about it, I'd have thought that some two hours after I had taken it, the sleepy effects would have worn off. Guess I'd have been wrong on that count eh?

Anyway, I'm just trying to decide when to go downstairs and do the Santa thang. Shortly I supposed. As usual, the kids are getting a bunch of stuff but I can't wait to see their faces. Especially Justin's. Can't wait until he opens that "Chicken Wimbo" which of course is Chicken Limbo. I noticed today that my baby is now pronouncing his "L's" correctly. When did that happen? I'd say within the last two weeks or so ...

Oh well, at the risk of sounding really hokey and even a bit cliche, I plan to spend Christmas enjoying the most wonderful gifts, my husband and my children. We'll have a few folks over but Christmas has been a veg out holiday for us for the last four or five years and I am so looking forward to it - enjoying the simple things but oh so important things and that's it. No fancy stuff. Sweats, not sequins. Wing dings and cheese sticks, not ham or turkey and all the traditional holiday fixings. Simplicity, not complexity. It's like that, and that's the way it is. And how I prefer it.

Merry Christmas to all (and to all a good night!)

ttfn
td

2 comments:

shannon said...

sweats not sequins. love it. nick and i dressed down this year for his side's christmas and everyone else went to town. love your motto...simplicity not complexity. hope you had a wonderful christmas! ;)

Heather said...

simplicity not complexity... well put!